Saturday, April 14, 2007

Wow

I am floored by the twists and turns of life.

First of all, part of my decision two years ago to remain in California had to do with my family. I have not completely been faithful about what this involved. Well, this Bible study that I am doing was discussing generational patterns this last week, and breaking free from them with God's help. It made me realize how I don't pray for my family enough. So this week, I have committed myself to such. I was not able to meet with the girls on Tuesday, but I emailed them about how God was impressing me to pray for certain members of my family. I asked them for their prayers as well. Two days later (which was two days ago) something incredibly significant happened. I met with a member of my family today...and basically so much of what I had been praying, at least hoping, for almost 20 years--was answered. In a way I would have never expected. This was the THING that has affected my life for so long... and I knew in my head that God was big enough, but I didn't completely believe it until now. Lord, forgive me. I can't really say much. It involves decisions, very difficult decisions, for a couple members of my family. Until those are made I need to respect those involved. But He is bringing healing into the most broken areas of my family and for this I thank Him.

Other news: had a Statistics midterm today. Fantastic. I have one more class and quite a few assignments in between my teaching credentials and masters. That's right. I don't have to do a thesis anymore. They changed the program at my school. Woo!!! Also...this study has been an immense blessing to me. I am getting to know the girls little by little and they are wonderful. One cut my hair last week. Part of what I hear God saying to me during this season of my life:

1. You are selfish about many things...your time, your money, your priorities. Take interest in others. Listen.

2. Make some art already.

1 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

Celeste, that is cool dude. Praise God. I owe you a phone call, I know.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home